When was the last time you played and had fun? Play is not only for children, but is just as important for adults too. Playing has many physical and mental health benefits. Research indicates that play:
- Relieves stress and depression symptoms by releasing endorphins that make you feel good
- Builds connections with others through sharing fun and laughter
- Improves brain function through challenging activities that require thinking or problem-solving
- Promotes creative thinking by stimulating your brain and imagination
- Increases your energy level and immune system, building resistance to illness
There are many ways to play and it doesn’t matter which activity you participate in, but what’s important is that you actually schedule time to play into part of your daily schedule. Play with your kids, your partner, by yourself or with your cat or dog!
Play is an integral part of life. Now go have some fun and play!